Monday 27 April 2009

A Sewing Day

So, after days of glorious sunshine, the weather wasn't so great on Saturday. Helen rang and suggested a sewing day. So, I gathered up my sewing machine, some fabric and ideas. And off Phoebe and I trotted.

I made this door-stop, which has been on my to-do list for yonks.

And Phoebe made some bunting, using up the last bits of the spotted fabric. It's destined for her shed, but it still needs some tweaking - where mommy missed missed the edge of one of her triangles, when sewing on the (boring) tape!!

Sarah x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah and thanks for visiting my blog. Glad you like Cornwall so much too. It is truly in my very soul and I count myself lucky to be a part of it. Off to read through your blog now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Sarah
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. And your kind words.
    I appreciate that everything is relative and I don't really have a lot to "moan" about and that others are going through some pretty rough times at the moment with a lot of worry and unknowns. And I also know that there are people out there dealing with trauma and tragedy right now which is terrible.
    I know that you are dealing with uncertainty too and hope that it will all sort itself out soon - for the good.
    Thanks for being supportive and for understanding. My thoughts are with you too.
    PS. I love the bunting here! I did a bit of sewing today - but only on a scrapbook page. I have a bit of an aversion to the sewing machine these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sarah, came to you from Pipany. Looks like you're a very clever sewer and knitter too! Thanks for the pix of the Cornish beaches. Like you and Pip, my soul is there too (I'm currently living somewhere very beautiful, but landlocked too. Hard when you grew up near the sea...)

    ReplyDelete