Sunday 12 February 2012

the card making plan

I've been making quite a few cards lately, for birthdays and such.  However, I usually forget to take any photos, or, more honestly, they're usually put together at the last moment and I literally don't have time to wait for some half-decent light...

But, last week I made one for Luu, a good luck card for a Uni interview.  So, I've managed to get a photo. 

I like making cards, and giving cards, but I don't really like that moment (or ten) when you sit down and think - yikes, what shall I do???  So, when I got this Octopode stamp last autumn, I came up with a sketch for my cards.  I put some cards, papers, ribbons and whatever else I came across that would work on this style of card into a kit bag, and hey presto!  No-stress card making. 

Oddly enough, since I started this method of card making, I've had no male birthdays.  But, I have a hot air balloon stamp that will work for the boys.  And, actually, I should probably get a male Octopode.  Yes, I think I will...

And, did the good luck card work?  Well, yes.  She's had an offer from that Uni, but has also now had another interview at her favourite University, and should hear from that one by the end of this week.  Fingers crossed...



1 comment:

  1. such a sweet card and I know what you mean about ideas for cards. But I really like the idea of a mini card kit bag - so well prepared! Good luck to Luu for an offer from her fave uni. Fingers crossed over here too

    ReplyDelete