Wednesday 31 December 2008

Crash


Let me take you back to Christmas Eve.

Us four, plus my sis and her family and Mom and Dad, all went to visit my Aunt. We were sat having a coffee and chatting, when CRASH, and the sound of breaking glass. My Sis and I both stand up to look out of the window, and see a car crashed into the side of our car.

Now, our car was very nicely parked at the side of the road, which by the way is plenty wide enough for traffic to go past without slowing down - ie, quite wide. The man who had crashed into our car had reversed off his drive, across this fairly wide road, and into the side of our car, leaving a loose bumper and no glass left in the headlights. He took his car back onto his drive, well sort of, it was actually half on his drive, and half on next doors.

I went to speak to him, he then trundled off to get his insurance details and Mark and Simon started to clear up the glass. Insurance details were exchanged, we were disgruntled, but hey, these things happen, and nobody was hurt.

Anyway, to cut a long story short. The man decided to move his car back onto his own drive. So, he reversed off his drive, and CRASH - went into our car, again! This time, pushing the front wheels against the kerb, and leaving the driver door permanently shut! Said his foot slipped off the clutch - twice?

Moving on, our car now appears to be written off - we don't know yet, as there are just so many bank holidays just at the moment, this also meant we didn't get a courtesy car till Monday - gotta love those KA's.

Now, if I hadn't been there to witness it, I may not have believed it. But it happened - honest injun... My Sis has suggested we set up a family blog, just to remind us of the stories of our family. I'm sure all families have them, those stories that when you're telling other people start along the lines of "I know this sounds far-fetched, but...."

So, it now looks as though we've got to get another car, right when we really have no money to get one. But, hey ho, nobody was hurt, and the old one was starting to hurt Mark's knee - so, there's the silver lining. And these things happen for a reason, I'm a great believer in that, so I'll keep you posted...

Sarah
x

No comments:

Post a Comment