Saturday 27 December 2008

He's Been


There's the evidence, as if I needed any. He enjoyed his glass of milk, and his mince pie. And there was no sign of the carrot, apparently the reindeer eat them whole. Although I think sometimes, on Christmas Eve, they are nibbled .


We've started the cake. Thanks, Mom. Yumm.

I've been a very lucky girl present-wise. Benefit, of course...

Some Radley...
Pjs and socks...

Some books...


And, of course, some chocolate. Yumm.



Some fabby shopping bags.


A Recipe Folder to keep all of my recipes in (instead of shoved in the front of an old cookery book).

And some fabby nail varnish and nailcare.

All in all, a VERY lucky girl. Thank you to all of my family and friends for your kind thoughts and wishes, you mean so very much to me.

Things are a bit tight money-wise in this house at the moment (due to this s*d*ing recession - but more about that in a different post) So we had to be careful about how much we could spend on presents - this caused me much heartache before Christmas. But, as ever, on the day itself, everybody seemed happy with their gifts. And, after all, it is a time to be together with family, and friends, to celebrate.

And celebrate we did.

A get together at my parent's house, with all of the family together to open our presents to each other. Then my brother and his family went to their home for the rest of the day, and the rest of us went to my sister's house for the best meal of the year, followed by the kids spending hours on the Wii - exhausting for the rest of us to watch!

A new purchase for my sis had been an old school hostess trolley - so kitsch, so useful. Especially when there are ten around the table! But, while she was dishing up, she commented on a white feather, drifting past the window. I've heard before that white feathers in unexpected places represent those that are no longer with us just checking in. Auntie Pam, it would have been your birthday - thanks for popping by, love you.

Another wonderful Christmas Day, full of our family traditions, old and new. Already looking forward to the next one.

Sarah
x

No comments:

Post a Comment