Monday 7 December 2009

Deck the halls...


It's the first weekend in December. That means it's time to put up the decorations!!! Yay!

This is what the living room looked like at 10 o'clock in the morning. And after many trips into the loft, this is what it looked like by 3 in the afternoon. Just in time for my traditional glass of sherry. The Christmas music had been playing all day, just to keep us in the mood...

On a side note, Phoebe wrote a very (unintentionally) funny piece about not being to help with the tree, and having to do washing up instead! Luckily, I printed it off before she deleted it, and will be able to pop it into my Christmas book - because that's where these (nearly) daily rambling are heading. There are lots of scrappers out there doing things like Journal Your Christmas or December Daily, and I really fancied having a go. But following my pretty poor attempt at learning something new everyday in September, I decided to wing it myself, and try to get some notes here on my blog, to help put something together at a later date - well, that's the plan, anyway...

1 comment:

  1. what a pretty tree! oh, now i am really missing mine this year. we decided not to go for one as we will away for the main event and I have to console myself with a garland over the fireplace. But this is gorgeous. I've been playing Christmas music too but I'm not as festive as most years and am already a bit over the music! Sad old Scrooge that I am this year. Love reading these posts! Well done for keeping up a daily record. I mean to every year but rarely manage it. You there on the 2nd???

    ReplyDelete